Monday 1 April 2013

Meet the Model: Lucy

For a while, it had come to my attention that there was no blonde models on our website. I was told that because I am blonde myself, I should make sure the blondes are represented.
 
I agreed.
 
The first blonde to feature on the Dat Girl website was little Lucy and what a blonde she is!!
 
Lucy is loads of fun to work with and soo easy to shoot.. I don't think I ever saw her take a bad shot.
 
 
 
The Interview
 
 
How old are you?
 
27
 
How long have you been modelling for?
 
2 years
 
Did you always want to be a model?
 
No! I went to university and became a qualified lawyer. I then had a “gap” year and lived in Hawaii. The day I came home to Sydney, I met a top photographer (who has photographed amazing models such as Miranda Kerr). He helped me set up my portfolio and my modelling took off from there.
Other than Dat Girl, what other brands or designers have you modelled for? 
 
 I have been in fashion shows and/or photo shoots for Nicola Finetti, Sheike, Lisa Blue swimwear, Belanci, PETA Oceania, Mandy Heng, Christopher Hanna Salon, Wild Pony, Harlette, KuKu, Ilse Couture, Sistar Shoes, Nomiki Glynatsis Couture, Elle Zeitoune, Achea-mpong and numerous other amazing designers.
Do you prefer photo shoots or runways?
 
I love doing runway shows, as I always meet so many creative and passionate individuals at the events.
 
 
 
 

What is the hardest thing about being a model?

 
For me, modelling is not hard, as I am passionate about every shoot or show that I do. It’s a pleasure to be doing something I love.
 
 
What is the best thing about being a model?
 
When other models are encouraging and supportive. It’s really nice to see the girls backstage getting along and helping one another, rather than putting each other down or judging others. That, is true beauty.
 
What is your biggest guilty pleasure?
 
Dessert! I enjoy going to restaurants with friends at least twice a week.
What are your 3 staple clothing items?
 
A neutral coloured blazer.
Good quality skinny leg jeans.
A semi-formal classy black, grey or cream dress. Something that you could wear to work (and after-work drinks.)
What is your most current worn item in your closet right now?
 
A light grey fitted blazer. I wear it absolutely everywhere, especially when I want to “dress up” a casual “jeans and tee” outfit.
 
 
What is your MUST HAVE for the colder months?
 
A comfortable“boyfriend” style jumper. Buy one that is slightly over sized and then it will be perfect for snuggling up in during the Autumn/Winter months.
What is a the perfect relaxation day for Lucy?
 
It would consist of a walk and then a long bath with candles and relaxation music. I also find going on a drive to the mountains or the beach very relaxing.
Do you have any advice for other girls wanting to break in to the modelling industry?
 
My biggest tip would be to build up a strong network of people in the fashion industry. I have been offered many jobs from people I have met at fashion shows and shoots.
What has been the highlight of your modelling career?
 
The biggest highlight of my career was meeting Nicola Finetti and being cast by him for one of his fashion shows. His garments are extraordinary and it was an honor meeting such a creative and talented designer.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment